FREE BOOKS, you say?! Yep, you heard that correctly! As it happens, i’m hosting my very first giveaway. Only, it’s not just ONE giveaway, but two! Yep, that’s two chances to win. So, if you’re still here, keep on reading while I explain just what’s up for grabs, and what you need to do to have a chance at winning!
So, on account of March being International Women’s History Month, I wanted to do something special to celebrate. Women are the absolute backbone of this planet, and underappreciated to boot. I thought, what nicer way to celebrate the women in our history, strong female characters, and female authors than by treating one lucky blogger to a brand new book! So, i’ll be doing exactly that. Starting from today, and running through until April 1st (and no, I promise, this is not an April Fool’s joke!), I’ll be giving one lucky person the opportunity to win any book, of their choice, by a female author also of their choosing!
“But you said that there’d be two choices to win?” You’re right, avid reader, I did.
So, as somebody who was raised in an Irish household, to two Irish born-and-bred parents, with Irish grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, third cousins, fourth cousins, cats, dogs, neighbours, and goldfish, I also wanted to celebrate Paddy’s Day (which falls on March 17th) too! So, I’ve decided, as a way to celebrate both Women and the Irish, that I’d like to hold a second giveaway, too, in which any lucky blogger or tweeter can win any book of their choosing by a female Irish (and Northern Irish) author! Which means that starting today, and ending at 11:59pm (GMT) on March 17th, you could be in with a chance!
If you aren’t familiar with any Irish authors, I’ve listed a few of note below:
- Emma Donoghue – author of books such as Room, Frog Music, Kissing the Witch: Old Tales in New Skins and The Wonder.
- Sally Rooney – author of Normal People, Conversation with Friends, Mr Salary, and various other novels.
- Louise O’Neill – author of Asking For It, Only Ever Yours, Almost Love, and the more recent The Surface Breaks.
- Anna Burns – author of the 2018 Man Booker Prize for Fiction Award winning novel Milkman.
- Emer McLysaght & Sarah Breen – Collaborative authors of Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling, and its sequel The Importance of Being Aisling: Country Roads, Take Her Home.
- Dervla McTiernan – Author of The Ruin of the ‘Cormac Reilly’ series, and its upcoming sequel (released on March 7th) The Scholar.
- Cecelia Ahern – Most commonly known for bestsellers such as P.S. I Love You, and Love, Rosie (formerly known as Where Rainbows End).
- Claire Allan – Author of bestselling thriller Her Name Was Rose, as well as the more recently published novel Apple of My Eye.
Some other quick mentions are Marian Keyes, Anne Enright, Claire Keegan, Sinead Morrissey, Lucy Caldwell, Eithne Shortall, Jacqueline Morrissey, Emilie Pine, Cathy Kelly, Liz Nugent, Rachael English, Hellen Cullen, and, of course, Maeve Binchy. Indeed, those are just a few choice authors among many, and the final choice is up to the winner!
This giveaway will be taking place over on twitter, as is the most efficient way to get involved, so if you’re not signed up already, please be sure to head on over now and make yourself an account!
- You must be following me over at @bxbmorley.
- You must retweet the original tweet (quote tweets won’t count).
- If you follow my blog (and you must prove so with a screenshot, or by providing your username!), you’ll get an extra entry into the giveaway.
- Retweets gain you entry into both giveaways, not just one.
- The St Patrick’s Day giveaway will end on March 17th, at 11.59pm (GMT), and entries after this time will not be counted.
- However, the International Women’s History Monthgiveaway will end on April 1st, at 11.59pm (GMT), and any additional entries after the 17th will still be eligible for the second giveaway.
- Unfortunately, any private twitter accounts will notbe seen, due to twitter’s knack for hiding those in the RT’s, so please try and ensure your account is on public if i’m not already following you in return!
- WILL SHIP INTERNATIONALLY – so long as Book Depository ships to you.
- GIVEAWAY ACCOUNTS WILL BE NULL AND VOID – these are unfair, and if the sole purpose of your account is to win things, your entry will not count.
- BOOK CAN BE ANYTHING UP TO £13.00 – I know how pricey hardbacks can get, so for the sake of anybody with a preference for a sturdier copy, the price limit will stay at £13, rather than the average £10.
SO, to recap, this is your chance to win any book by a female Irish author by 17/03/2019, or any book by any female author by 01/04/2019. You must retweet, and follow the account, and book depository must ship to your location.
Happy International Women’s History Month, everybody! Good luck!